This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Inaccurate Smart Index Scales x 3

I am currently on my 2nd exchange of Smart Scale (3rd scale)

First scale used to hover on 0.1kg when switched on. If timed off then turn on again it would zero. Returned for replacement.

Second scale after a while did the same, then some time after my wife and I both started losing weight rapidly.

After we both went and bought overly tight new clothes and feeling good, we relised the scale was actually reading about 5kg less.

Now on 3rd scale and it appears to be starting to behave like the 2nd. Compared my weight another scale today and 3.5kg difference.

It feels like the error is gradually increasing also.

Multiple successive weigh-ins can also lend to a 0.4kg difference straight after each other.

When stepping on and off the display jumps through some numbers on the way up and down and nearly looks like some numbers are common.

Why do I feel like this is a generic scale mechanism with some comms modules tacked onto it to allow it to talk to the Garmin ecosystem. It certainly doesn't appear to be a well designed device and not worth the $$ asked.

If it wasn't for the direct uploading of weight to Garmin Connect I would have jumped ship after the second one misbehaved. Really hope Index 2 builds on this.

Any advice on recalibrating would be appreciated. Can't find much. Store I bought it from reckons none come back to them. Gotta decide if I return for another or move onto something else.