This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scale not transferring data to Garmin Connect. Symbols >>>>>>> don’t appear at all

Hi all,

it’s been a couple of days now I don’t get data on Garmin connect from the scale. The arrows do not appear at all, >>>>>>>, even though the scale is connected to the WiFi home network. I logged in to Garmin connect from my computer and it shows I have the latest software installed, however I don’t get data from the scale. It shows my weight and all the rest, it just can’t transfer it to Garmin connect. Anybody came across that issue?

thanks 

• Check your router DNS, this will sound silly but mine stopped to work when I changed from Google DNS server 8.8.8.8 to Cloudflare DNS server 1.1.1.1. Try that just in case.

• Ok, will do that, thanks! I made a reset, removed it from my Garmin Connect account and added it back and now it seems to work. However, I noticed that when the smart tv is connected to the home network, for some reason the scale stops to transfer the data. 

• Nice to hear it is now working, but very odd the relation with smartTV (like my issue with DNS). In case of my issue, I narrowed it down to the answer CloudFlare DNS gives, it is a bit bigger than Google's DNS. Although it is not wrong, it is a little different and that might cause issues with internal TCP/IP Stack for he scale. Garmins will never tell us...

• Actually it worked just for one day. Today I have the same problem again. I must remove it from my Garmin connect account and add it back again in order to work. I can’t do it all the time, this is so frustrating Disappointed

• Mine will sync 1 to 3 times a week. When it feels like syncing, it updates all data. I wish it synced every time but have given up on that. 

• I changed the router and it looks good now, it syncs normally. I also saw there was an update of Garmin express and installed that as well. Don’t know which of those 2 things helped resolve the issue.

• Yep there is definitely a problem with the scales and using Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 DNS. Changing back to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 gets it working again. Time for Garmin to patch the firmware I think.

• Oh! Well spotted that man! I moved from IBM DNS (9.9.9.9) to cloudflare to test and didn't equate the change to the scales not working (I reset them, repaired them, tested them on my phone hotspot which was OK etc.)

• I got an RMA, sent mine back and got a replacement. The scales just refused to factory reset after numerous attempts to try and diagnose. I could not get a Bluetooth connection and they just got stuck on the big spanner and flashing WiFi signal screen. The screen would then stay on and run the batteries down in just a day. When the replacement scale arrived setup via Bluetooth went ok, the scales found my WiFi and I could ping them, but it would show the spanner for a few minutes, then the X at top right and it would power off and pings would stop. Then i found this thread and flicked my DNS back to Google, factory reset again and it all worked. I did have a very long lease time on my dhcp and I just changed DNS months ago so I didn't immediately connect the dots.