This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multiple Daily Weigh-Ins

There was an update made to Garmin Connect this week that will now allow for multiple weigh-ins each day from your Index Smart Scale. We understand that this is something users have been requesting for quite some time and we are happy to now be able to offer this functionality. 

• Great, thanks, but what's the version number?  Garmin Connect tells me I'm up-to-date but the version number (3.10.0.0) is from November 2018.

• 3.10.0.0 is the version number of your Index scale and the latest one, but the change that was done is on the backend side of Garmin Connect and not dependent upon the scale - so no need for an update of your scale firmware.

• The email I received says "Just sync your scale with Garmin ConnectTm to get the update!". I've done multiple per-day weigh-ins, including a pre-ride and post-ride this morning and the latest one replaces the earlier ones. So if it is a backend thing it isn't working properly for me. Is there another setting somewhere to track multiple per-day weigh-ins?

• No extra setting, not to my knowledge at least. I did not change anything before this was working. What version of the FW do you have on the Garmin Scale, maybe 3.10.0.0 is required even though it has been out for quite some time now? Do you have an older? And how does you weigh-ins appear, do you have the date and timestamp on them?

• Hi Garmin - Blake, Does this work with the app?  Doesn't seem to.  I can see multiple weigh-ins on the desktop version but it still overwrites the first weigh-in with each subsequent measurement.  Can you set one measurement as a "default"?  I think most users would like to see a Base Line weight ... then the difference after excercise ... for example.

So far this seems like just a half thought out update that doesn't work in practice ... Or am I missing something?

• It definitely does work with Garmin Connect Mobile for iOS. And you would expect it to work with all versions of GC, since the change was a server-side implementation.

• Thx Krectr - I'm on an Android platform (Pixel 3) - Still no love.

BTW - Can you set a baseline weigh in for trend purposes - eg. Morning weigh-in is the one that "counts" and your after workout weigh-in is for reference?

• Multiple weigh-ins showing here on Android. Tap on the weight section in your main screen or select "Weight" from "Health Stats" in the menu.

From there you'll see multiple weigh-ins at the bottom of the screen when the view is on "1d", step through the days using the left/right arrows.

If you don't see that info you may need to update the Connect App.

HTH.

• Uninstalling then re-installing does the trick ... If anyone else is having problems.

Disappointing that you cannot set a baseline weigh-in.  Kinda makes it almost useless ... baby steps forward....

• it’s totally funny, normaly i measure my weight only 1 time in the morning, now with this option before i start a workout and directly after the workout and got interesting result for running and cycling:

my morning measurement is arround 05:00 AM
    my measurement before a workout arround 03:00 till 04:00pm (mostly >=1kg more as in the morning and differents fat, water, muscle mass…..

after a indoor cycling workout i have mostly the same values as before the workout, cause i drink a lot during training

after a running workout, i mostly have the same values as in the morning measurement, because mostly i don’t drink during running