This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No good comments for Index Scale?

Thought I would throw in some positive comments since it’s all gloom and doom on this wonderful scale....I’m seeing reviews that say things like “I bought this new scale and it works ok but does not keep my oil changed in my car and does not cook dinner or do the laundry so it’s foul”..... HuH? Seriously, Folks.....I thought it would fix my router.....nothing connects and neither does this. I also thought I would get more channels on cable TV with this scale but NO.....my channel lineup is still the same even after buying this Index Scale. Are ya feeling me yet?....cause that’s mostly what I see here....mixed in with some legit issues but they are seriously few and far between.....obviously Garmin does NOT remove bogus, junk comments which to this point my comments would qualify also.....so let’s move on to how I really feel.

First off, if you are in Garmins eco this scale is perfect to compliment your data field in GC....I have a Fenix 6X Pro Sapphire and this scale gets my metrics from my weight and plugs in into GC every day when I weight in....or, any time I weight in just to be clear. It wasn’t designed to weight you 30 times a day.....they even advise against it....if it did I suppose you could use the average but look, It clearly states in the manual when NOT to weight......which is mostly during your daily activities....you CAN weight yourself 50 times a day if you want but it provides you with nothing once a day won’t provide also and would not be accurate anyway....My Dr has advised many times NOT to even weight once a day.....once a week is ok with him....weight loss done safely is a long term goal if your serious about your health and want to maintain that loss....the Index scale was designed to build a data base over days, weeks, months and years, not hours, minutes and seconds, right?....and any safe weight loss program is gonna be the same time frame...The idea here with this scale is to build a simple ACCURATE weight data base over time....time being measured as any normal weight reduction could be....

If your training for a certain specialized athletic program like boxing where you weight many times a day because your metrics require it....THIS AINT YOUR SCALE!,! Buy a $1500 Tanita.....they are very nice units....but they won't plug GC for ya and they can’t be had for $150...and they wouldn’t provide me (me being an average consumer wanting to better my physical condition safely from home)...an extra $1350 more worth of metrics I really don’t need, can’t really use.

Maybe I’m missing something but my Index scale does exactly what I bought it for, exactly what it claims it does and it does it pretty well....I’m very pleased with my scale and my watch ....and I’m not Married to Garmin either....but I choose Garmin because I don’t trust Google (Suunto) or Apple ....especially Google....they aren’t trust worthy is why.

Never had any connection issues that were not explainable or easily corrected but then again I have NetGear Routers and WiFi Mesh with 24 devices currently connected....yep, 3 tablets, 2 PCs, 2 IPhones, a watch, a scale, a TV, a Public service scanner and a slew of cameras and smart home odds and ends...ALL my stuff connects and runs great, little issues. My isp would have a cow if they could see past my modem....not bragging here, just trying to point out if I was gonna have a conflict look at how much troubleshooting would have to occur to resolve. IE: Garmin can’t control your network....they can only provide the device along with instructions for a typical install and the rest is up to you....mine certainly IS NOT typical but it plays very nice with my personal eco system.

Maybe I’m being a lil too critical here (nah) but I came into Garmin eco with a Apple Watch Series 3 and a Taylor spring scale...so a Fenix 6 and the index scale are looking mighty cute to me comparatively speaking right? I think this scale is awesome and mine works FLAWLESS! If your on the fence to buy one and you are invested in GC as your primary fitness tracker (I am) why wouldn’t you want this scale? Quality of build is very good, it’s as accurate as a strain gauge scale can be, easy on batteries, nice big informative bright display....but I will admit the scale does suck at mowing the yard...so, 1 star right? Right!!! I don’t get it.

I would buy it again but would hope to pay a lil less....true with a lot of Garmin stuff even when I bought a Street Pilot 25 yrs ago...it still works but 2008 was my last map update...Propriety OS that Garmin provides is worth it to me...already said one reason why and there are many others...you either get it or you don’t....But folks bash this scale way way more than it deserves...it’s not always the scale here having issues....we all have issues right?

If your already using GC go get one, they work just fine, super simple to “add a device” and great build quality. Don’t even be swayed by all these “problems” some folks are having with the scale...I’m thinking a large percentage of these “problems” are not actually the scale.