This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Nope. API 'fixes' haven't worked

After seeing the posts about the API changes supposedly fixing the missing user and guest sync problems, I tried my scales. Issues weren't resolved. 

Reset the scale and re-added myself as guest (wife is main owner). For a couple of days it worked, despite displaying the small 'x' during my upload.

However, this morning it didn't recognise me. I tapped through a couple of '?' until I found myself but it failed to upload to Garmin Connect.

Sigh

Top Replies

All Replies

• , do you have any further updates? Are there any specific procedures we need to run through for the API fixes to be applied for us?

• Yep, the same experience. Worked for a few days, then stopped again. Now won’t sync any accounts, owner or otherwise.

• - Your issue seems a bit different than the previous issue as you mention a X during your uploads. The previous issue only affected the invited user where their credentials would go missing. 

Could any of you provide a video of what you are experiencing during your uploads?

• I tried uploading a video but I got a generic error. Is there a size limit?

My understanding is that there were two problems - guest weight not uploading and guests being forgotten. The latter seems to be fixed, but I'm still suffering the former. During my weigh-in I get a solid wifi-symbol, my metrics, then >>>>> x

My wife, the primary user, gets the same small 'x'; yet her data uploads fine, without issue.

Looking back at my weight history, I can see it actually worked 2 times this month, but failed on all others. 

• , please can you tell me how I can get this issue resolved. I have done some more debugging and I can confirm that the problem is with guests not syncing (which you claimed was fixed in the API update).

If I'm the primary user, it uploads fine. If my wife is the primary user, it uploads fine. However, if either of us are set as guests, it does not upload. So we can eliminate it being related to a permission issue.

In case it's relevant, both the primary and secondary user gets the small '>>>x' (despite the primary working)

Are there any debug files I can send. Can you look at something at the back-end to see what's preventing the guest upload?

I'm really getting quite fed up with this now....

• I still have this issue and I don't know what else to try. I don't have the X uploading, and it uploads my data OK, but it won't ever show my wife's user, just the ? .