This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Smart Scale Set Up Question

I run on a Garmin 945 so of course I have a Garmin Account through Garmin Express. Unfortunately, I do not own a smart phone or a router. Let's suppose I purchase a Garmin Index Smart Scale and a Garmin USB ANT Stick. Will I be able to connect the scale to my Garmin account with just a Garmin USB ANT Stick? Would I need any additional software packages? Do I just plug the ANT Stick into a USB port on my computer and then insert the batteries into the scale? (I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro.) 

• Haven't tried it myself, but according to this page on Garmin.com, it should be possible.

connect.garmin.com/.../

• For shure, you need additional software in form of Garmin Express.

• In his review from 2016 DC Rainmaker wrote: "The Garmin Index scale DOES NOT transfer weight data over Bluetooth Smart or ANT+.  Both of those channels are ONLY used for setup.  Again, it must connect to a WiFi network to be useful." Is Mister Rainmaker mistaken?

• I think - stressing think here, as I haven't tried it - that WiFi is indeed necessary to transfer the data. However, following the link it does look like it should be possible to set up the scale using Garmin Express (which the PO has said he have) and an ANT stick (which the PO said he could buy). The problem of the PO is that he does not have a router, meaning he can't configure the scale using the WPS button. But I assume that he has access to a WiFi, maybe I should have clearer about that.

• DC Rainmaker is correct. I have been able to pair my scale with my computer using my ANT stick. I have not been able to send data from my scale to my Connect Account. Not through the ANT stick nor over bluetooth. I am waiting on delivery of a brand new D-Link Router.