This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reset problem

Hi,

I have anew garmin index scale ana I can't finish the setup. I did factory reset and now I see a rench and only wifi (no bluethooth or Ant+ are blinking).

Anyone has an idia how can I do factory reset that will work ?

Tnx,

Roni

• mine has just started this behaviour. Cant complete the setup after a reset :-(

• Same here. Tried fresh batteries, too. 
    Can't reset it properly and device is not detected in Garmin Connect either 

• Same exact problem. In my case, I change my wifi router, therefore I needed to reset the wifi password, after that, the brench is always on the screen, but never recognize anyone on top of it, it didn't even show me the "?" symbol, it just show the weight and thats all ... any idea?

• Any updates? Mine is doing that and now its just a paper weight. Really frustrating.

• Same here.  After 3 months of operation, suddenly the scale couldn't connect to wifi. 

I did factory reset and now I see a wrench and only wifi (no bluethooth or Ant+ are blinking).

• Update from my side ... Called Garmin, they wasn't able to fix me the problem so they sent me a new scale ... I received it, and had the exact same situacion ... So I called them again and they tried to send me a third one, after a long discussion they accept to explore new options and decided to send me an ANT stick to do the configuration from my computer ... I received the ANT stick 3 days ago, did all the process from my computer and I'm still having the same error (with both scales, I still have both at home). Did't have time to call them back yet, but will do it tomorrow. Will keep everyone here posted.

• From my persona experience .... After reseting it at least one houndred times .... if the bluethoot icon doesn't appear after reseting, wait like 10 to 15 minutes and it will... Don't ask me why, but is something that happened to me very often in all the tests I did. Hope yours starts working

• I reported the issue occurs with an ant+ stick and Garmin express to them months ago. I also got sent a replacement scale and now have 2 of them stuck on the wrench.

• Did some troubleshooting last night. I found when it only has the pulsing wifi and wrench that means it's struggling with connectivity. I found no amount of resetting seemed to fix that however if you turn off that wifi network that the scale is trying to connect to then the ant and Bluetooth icons will appear and you can reconfigure the scale.

Once that happened I was able to join the scale to my phone and join my phones wifi hotspot no problem. Trying to get it to work with my regular WiFi router which I've had for years doesn't work anymore though. Some users reported on the forums that using Cloudflare as their DNS provider caused issues. I switched mine to Google DNS but still doesn't work. 

• Question ... You make it work with your hotspot? you meant that with your hotspot the scale is working and recognize people measuring weight? Thanks !