This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Erratic Weight

I just received the Garmin Index Smart Scale and after the miserable experience of setting up the scale, I stepped on the scale and I was shown about 7 different weights flashing on my scale (152 lbs, 93 lbs, 302 lbs, 257 lbs, etc) My weight is normally around 128, so none of these weights were correct, and also a jump from 152, down to 92, then up to 302 is clearly incorrect. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this??? I feel defeated by this stupid scale. 

• Checking the manual and Tips for erratic weight

If still no joy, you might need to contact Garmin support, as there is clearly something wrong with either the setup or the scale itself.

• Exact same problem with my scale.  

• I called them today and they’re sending me a new one because they haven’t heard of any reported issues like it/didn’t know how to resolve. So maybe try calling them for a replacement?

• @clairedel24, let us know how it goes.

• I spent HOURS on my first Index bought from Garmin trying to get it to work:

1. Multiple attempts to get it to work through i-device set-up doing full re-set between attempts. Despite setup-saying it was successful I get the Wrench icon and X in top right with nothing more than weight reading.
    2. Resorted to the Ant+ set-up route and again whilst it appears to set-up successfully, the same result, Wrench icon and X in top right with nothing more than weight reading.
    3. The above was tested with x3 different Wi-Fi devices to ensure this was not a WiFi issue, and it made no difference, so this eliminates the WiFi/Router as a source:
      1. Ubiquiti enterprise WiFi system.
      2. D-Link bog standard home WiFi router.
      3. Kanex portable travel Access Point.

I then spend 40 minutes on a call with Garmin going through much of the above with them on the phone. They did an RMA and I returned the unit, 2 weeks later I got a replacement new unit.

You guessed it same saga all over again. Called Garmin and got a refund. These are simply NOT fit for use and breach the offer of sale as they DO NOT WORK. 

Garmin brand is associated with poorly engineered software and even poorer user interface and Iexperience. 

Niw they have removed the weight sensor option on their devices they have taken the final step in pissing off users as there is no simle way now of using 3rd party scales such as the Tanta BC-1000 which worked perfectly before hand. 

• My is showing 20 lbs lower and then back to normal etc - about 1.5 years old now. Time to get a plain old fashion one I think as this is annoying 

• i mean... come on....