This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

scale connection issue - big x in middle of the screen after setup

Hi,

I'm having a problem connecting my Garmin Index Smart Scale. I'm starting a new thread since I did not find the symptom I'm having mentioned anywhere.

So, setup completes correctly (I also get the check-mark on the scale screen at the end). After that, all I get is a big X in the middle of the screen and the unit of measure lit up in the lower right. After reading quite some posts on the topic, I could not find a mention of the big x on the middle of the screen.

If I reset the scale (one press on reset button) i can change the wifi network it should connect to (using the garmin app on an ipad).

I've tried with a) my home WiFi (modem is Compal Broadband Networks CH7465LG-LC, wireless security is WPA2-PSK) and b) data connection from my iphone (not connected to wireless network). Same behavior for both networks.

I am in Romania, btw.

The first few tries I was getting some different behavior - large number of kg flashing on the display alternately with the setup wrench and the wireless indicator in top left lit up (but no x next to it) - but now I am stuck with the big X displayed. The change might have been caused by switching the wireless security from WPA/WPA2 to WPA2, but I'm not sure)

Anybody have an idea what that big X means?

thanks,

• My scale only work via the wifi on my phone.  If I try it via my home broadband I can get it configured but it will never work afterwards.  This is due to a routing error in the BGP routing tables maintained by Garmin.

I recommend returning the scale for a refund.

• I have the same exact issue - I have tried using the WiFi hotspot from my phone as well but it doesn't make any difference.

I have now emailed Garmin support for help