This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weight on scale won't zero out

Hi 

My Garmin Scale keeps showing didgets but nobody is standing on it. It shows 2,9kgs or 3,2kgs. I've reset it and deleted it from my Garmin connect and those digits won't go away. If I stand on the scale it adds those digits to my weight. This is extremely frustrating. Is this a software error? 

• I've tried everything...my scale will not zero out. It shows about 6.6 pounds without anyone on it.

• I have the same problem.

I have also tried every option suggested by Garmin including; picking it up for 30 seconds, reset, hard reset, new batteries, remove device and re install device non of it works.

• So, having given up on the scales for a few months for inconsistent measurements, I thought I'd have another look because I need to lose some weight! I seem to have come up with a procedure that at least works for me so give it a go ...

1. Tap scales to awaken them. Display will show some non-zero weight.

2. Do a weight measurement and stay on the scales.

3. Once the measurement is complete the display will switch off, at which point step off the scales!

4. The display should now automatically come on again showing zero weight. Weight yourself again - this is the real one!

I am finding that repeating steps 3 and 4 gives realistic and consistent measurements over and over again but the first measurements from steps 1 and 2 are different. I will report this to Garmin as I have an open support case. I wonder if they messed something up with the 3.1 release?

• Return scales for warranty replacement

• Hi all,

I bought the Index on September last year, the scale has the last firmware on 3.10 but since one month ago I have experienced the 2.9 kg ghost weight.

With the scale empty on the on floor, intermittently the scale shows 2.9 kg, the screen lights off for a couple of seconds and again lights on with the ghost weight, when I hold it on my hand the scales back to cero and switch off, but as soon as it is touching the floor, same thing.

I have tried to follow the zeroed procedure without success, reset, re-pairing, change batteries, etc.

In fact with this issue the batteries got depleted quickly when the scale is on the floor as the scale intermittently switch on / off showing the ghost weight.

Yesterday I went to the Garmin shop, they connected to the index with and ant stick, reset a couple of times but same issues.

They have kept it, made the report and my scale will be sent to Garmin technical service.

• I just had mine replaced. The problem is known to them and at the time I had it replaced about a year ago there was no known fix.

Although I live in Australia were consumer law requires that they replace it.

• Mine were out of warranty so they wanted £50 to replace them. I've defected to Withings instead. Now I can let my kids weigh themselves as well! The loss of sync is a small pain but I just enter my weight (only) manually into Garmin Connect.

• After 5 months waiting on the technical service and not able to get a replacement, Garmin has offfered a replacement with the new index s2.

I have just received it last week and it is working fine, nice screen and no more issues with the 0 weight.