This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Index Smart doesn't discover my SSID

I have an ASUS wireless router (RT-AC51U) and I have a problem with that the scale does not find my SSID during the setup (neither 2.4 GHz nor 5 GHz). I have no issues discovering other wifi networks including my iPhone's hotspot. The router is upgraded to latest firmware. Anyone else with same issue?

• I won't be able to find 5 GHz as those are not supported, only 2.4 GHz it is
    1. Is you SSID visible or is it hidden?
    2. Have you tried to add the network manually on the network selection screen?

• I have the same issue and I didn't manage to add it. My SSID is visible and I have tried to add it manually, but it says it can't find such network. I also have a router from my internet provider - an Arris TG3492LG-LC, which is discovered by the scale, but when I try to connect it, it's stuck. I would prefer to connect my scale to my ASUS router, but I will appreciate any help.

• Is the wi-fi network on your ASUS running over 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, or do you have dual-band?

What do you mean by 'it's stuck'?

• It's dual band, but I'm only connecting to the 2.4 GHz one, as 5 GHz is not supported on the Index. I finally managed to connect to my asus RT-AC51U 2.4 GHz after setting channel to 11 and channel width to 20 MHz, resetting to factory settings both my ISP router and my asus one, and after 4-6 hours of trying to pair the Index with Garmin Connect App on my phone over and over again. By it's stuck I meant that the app showed it was connected, but the scale was showing up the wrench and the wifi icon and was stuck on it, whereas normally it should show the tick after it's successfully connected to the network.