This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem weight trasmission to GC account

Hi all. Solved other friend/family invitation problem now I have the wi-fi problem of trasmission of the weight to GC accounts. Wi-Fi connection is ok:
1) For me (the owner of the index in my GC portal) after trasmission >>>>>>>>>>X, always X, but the evening or the day after I find my weight and data in GC!!!
2) For my wife or my daughter (guests correctly activated) after >>>>>>>>>>>X they NEVER find the weight or metrix in GC!!!!
Anybody else have the same issue?
  • I have exactly the same issue, Garmin please fix it!
  • It's the same issue here.
    The X still appears after reset of the index scale
  • Change settings of router

Could you please specify which setting to change?

Well, how about no? If the index scales are dependent on particular settings on my wifi-router to work, then I would say it's Garmin's problem to fix, not mine!
    My router works perfectly out of the box with all my other wifi-devices just as consumer devices are supposed to!

I'm not interested in doing workarounds in order to be able to use a product instead of Garmin getting their **** together and fix it once and for all!

If the problem really is the clock server as suggested in other threads it's unbelievable that Garmin isn't capable of releasing a fix to this immediately.
    One wouldn't believe that wifi connectivity is rocket science in 2018.

It worked fine till end of April, with same router and setting....Something changed in GC in May, so:
    Please Garmin Fix it or tell us what to do!
  • It worked fine till end of April, with same router and setting....Something changed in GC in May

That is exactly my experience as well.

Garmin-Ben @GarminBAB
  • Sent a mail to Garmin....no answer till now....:mad:
  • My daughter started complaining that her weight/stats weren't being transferred to her Garmin Connect account. I'm the administrator/owner of the scale and checked my account to determine if somehow her link was deleted. She was still linked to the scale. She only has the mobile version of Garmin Connect on her phone and does not have the PC version installed on her computer. I have both. She turned off her phone completely. Turned it back on. Turned on blue tooth and stepped on the scale again. This time the data transferred. I'm not sure if it was the hard restart of her phone or turning on blue tooth which got it going again but you can give both a try.

Personally I have never had to change any router setting to get the scale to talk to the router via wifi.

Best of luck
  • I have exactly the same issue, and made a few tests -> Sorry for long post! :eek:

My Configuration:

Four users are created on the Garmin Index Smart Scale (U1 = Owner and U2, U3, U4 = Invited/Connected Users). All Users have their own Garmin Connect (GC) Account und use it via Web Browser and/or Android App.

Error Description:

Since end of May 2018, the scale data from U2 and U3 are no longer uploaded to Garmin Connect (GC). Weighing always shows the small "X" instead of the tick "V" (>>>>>>>>>>>>> X)

The synchronization of U1 and U4 works although even with these users weighing always shows the small "X" instead of the tick "V"
    The WLAN settings of the home router were definitely not changed. With all other WLAN devices (and there are many) there are no problems!

What I tested:

1. Removed all connected users from the scale (U2, U3, U4). Only the U1 = Owner is set up
    Result: With only ohne User (= owner) the tick is displayed again and upload to GC for this User is ok:
    U1 >>>>>>>>>>>>> V (GC upload ok)

2. Scale Device removed from GC (via gear icon and remove), the batteries were renewed and
    a "Reset to Factory Default" (5 seconds reset button) was done.
    Scale with GC Android App and Bluetooth of U1 activatet and connected to Wi-Fi again.
    Result: The tick is displayed and upload to GC for the one and only User U1 is ok:
    U1 >>>>>>>>>>>>> V (GC upload ok)

3. U2 invited and connected
    Result: No user sees the tick, upload works only for U1:
    U1 >>>>>>>>>>>>> X (GC upload ok)
    U2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> X (GC upload FAIL)

4. U3 and U4 invited and connected
    Result: No user sees the tick, upload works only for U1:
    U1 >>>>>>>>>>>>> X (GC upload ok)
    U2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> X (GC upload FAIL)
    U3 >>>>>>>>>>>>> X (GC upload FAIL)
    U4 >>>>>>>>>>>>> X (GC upload FAIL)

Summary:
    As soon as more than one user is connectet to the scale, nobody will get the tick (>>>>>>>>>>>>> V) during the data transfer. Every user gets the "X" and the data will be transmitted successfully only for the first user (= owner).

For me the whole test (reset, user reconnect, ...) did not work. On the contrary, the GC upload does not work anymore for my son!!! :mad:

A tragedy that Garmin has been unable to fix for over a month.

Incidentally, I do not think that the problem has anything to do with the time server. Unfortunately, I can not test this because my router does not allow DNS redirects.

@Admin: I think in this thread the same problem is discussed:
    https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...-to-gc-correct
    Can you merge these topics? Or, with reference to this thread close the other or vice versa?