This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wrong Weight

My new scale fairly consistently records a weight 5 - 7 pounds lower than other scales (old Salter scale, scale at the gym). While I wish it were true, I'd rather have accurate data. Wondering if there is a fix? Of not, I'm inclined to send it back. Very disappointing because I like how the data all integrates... which is actually working for me.
  • My scale is inconsistent in the way that it sometimes shows 1-5 kg below my actual weigth.
    The tiles on my bathroom floor is a bit uneven, but I always seek to find a stable position where all 4 feet touches the floor. When I get strange readings I try moving the weight to different positions, which results in yet different readings. I always wait for the weight to show 0,0 before I step onto it.
    Quite annoying, and I'm now in a situation where I need to keep an old simple scale alongside for validation each time I use the Garmin scale.

Anyone else experiencing the same?
  • My scales are on a tiled bathroom floor and are consistent and within 0.2kg of what I know to be a correct weight. To the original poster - are the scales on carpet or tile, have you tried moving them etc to see if it makes any difference?
  • Hi TheSalamander.... the scales are on tile. This morning weighed 4 lbs below yesterday. I'm not believing it. :) I'm going to try and put on the feet that came with it and see if that makes a difference. No response from Garmin support yet. My wife bought a competing product which s working fine for her. Regretfully, I suspect this one is going to be returned....
  • I spent HOURS on my first Index bought from Garmin trying to get it to work:

1. Multiple attempts to get it to work through i-device set-up doing full re-set between attempts. Despite setup-saying it was successful I get the Wrench icon and X in top right with nothing more than weight reading.
    2. Resorted to the Ant+ set-up route and again whilst it appears to set-up successfully, the same result, Wrench icon and X in top right with nothing more than weight reading.
    3. The above was tested with x3 different Wi-Fi devices to ensure this was not a WiFi issue, and it made no difference, so this eliminates the WiFi/Router as a source:
      1. Ubiquiti enterprise WiFi system.
      2. D-Link bog standard home WiFi router.
      3. Kanex portable travel Access Point.

I then spend 40 minutes on a call with Garmin going through much of the above with them on the phone. They did an RMA and I returned the unit, 2 weeks later I got a replacement new unit.

You guessed it same saga all over again. Called Garmin and got a refund. These are simply NOT fit for use and breach the offer of sale as they DO NOT WORK. 

Garmin brand is associated with poorly engineered software and even poorer user interface and Iexperience. 

Niw they have removed the weight sensor option on their devices they have taken the final step in pissing off users as there is no simle way now of using 3rd party scales such as the Tanta BC-1000 which worked perfectly before hand. 

• I am experiencing a similar issue. I don’t move the scale but do a second reading which is consistently 1kg less then the first reading