This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scale on carpet

I bought it thinking that it will work on carpet as it comes with carpet raisers. That was one of the main reasons as my place has carpet all over except the small bathroom.
But when I weighed myself on carpet and with the raisers, it shows about 60 lbs less than on the hard floor. The hard floor values match close to my other scale.

So is this normal? 60lbs difference??

Carpet has a bit fluff to it, but still..
  • Do the risers keep the underneath of the scale well out of contact with the carpet? Could a spider live under there without getting squashed? If not I suspect it'll be an issue. How about nice piece varnished plywood underneath your scale? Suppose it may may flatten the nice carpet though. Hope it works out in any case.
  • Do the risers keep the underneath of the scale well out of contact with the carpet? Could a spider live under there without getting squashed? If not I suspect it'll be an issue. How about nice piece varnished plywood underneath your scale? Suppose it may may flatten the nice carpet though. Hope it works out in any case.

Thank you. That's what I did. Put a piece of wood underneath and seems to be working ok.
  • I tried a large hard cover atlas book and it didn't work. The risers that came with this scale should come to points to separate the carpet pile to bear weight to the hard sub floor below, in my opinion that's the only way it will work, I will be making a trip to the hardware store to find something with a point that I can attach to the flat riser legs, I'll report back with my results.

• In my opinion, this difference is too big. However, I can't give you an exact answer, because I haven't encountered it. I have this situation now. I work as a doctor, and because there is a pandemic now, I work all day, and I live alone, and therefore I use the services of house cleaning services https://procleaninglondon.co.uk/carpet-cleaning-london. Before that, I always cleaned myself, I am one such person who loves when the house is clean and cozy, but I do not like to spend a lot of time cleaning. Or does someone do the same thing as me? Maybe a little, I'm not talking about the topic of the topic, but still, I wanted to hear your opinion.