This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scale Won't Zero Out

I got my scale 11 days ago. I used it for 3 days and then left for a week vacation. I weighed in last night when I got home and it seemed fine. This morning I weighed in and the number was the same as last night but for that didn't seem right since I had eaten quite a bit since last night so I decided to try stepping on the scale again. Suddenly it said I weighed 4.5 pounds more. That was an odd shift so I tried again and got the same reading. Then I noticed that it was showing 2.9 pounds even when I wasn't standing on the scale. I didn't have time to mess with it so I decided to check it again when I got home.

Tonight, it was still showing 2.9 pounds with nobody standing on it. I tried moving it to a different room, I tried changing the batteries, I tried doing a factory reset. After all that, it was now showing 6.1 pounds with nobody on it. I tried resetting it again. It kept getting worse. I would watch it register a weight, then the display would flash the guest user icon, then it would show the uploading progress. Then it would show an even higher weight, flash the guest icon, etc. Now it's showing over 90 pounds with nobody standing on it so I've just removed the batteries and packaged it back up.

I emailed Garmin support. I am assuming they'll want me to ship it back. Very frustrating. All my other Garmin gear has been pretty reliable.
  • Well, here we are three years later.  The scale worked pretty well most of that time but for the last month or so, it's been reading roughly 7.5 pounds when nothing was on the scale.  I finally spent time tonight trying to do all of the troubleshooting stuff and now it shows 6.3 pounds all the time.

• Hello, I am sorry to hear the Scale is not working as it should. Can you leave the battery out for 10 min then try again and let me know if there is a difference. Is the device up to date and are you experiencing any errors?

• Got a stupid solution (but it works, so it isn't stupid).  I noticed that as i set down my garmin index as it settled on the floor it would go to 3.4 lbs or 6.4 lbs.  As i had some cardboard tubes leftover from toilet paper rolls.  Put two of those underneath the front 2x feet of the scale, it went to 0.1 lbs.

Hope this stupid solution helps someone. 

Pass on a stupid solution that works when you find one!

• i just got the same issue on my scale. as it was out of warranty i opened it up and found that one of the plastic clips holding the sensor had snapped. will see of i can get a part if not then i will super glue it to see if that works

• The garmin is in the bin and we bought an Alfit.