This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Index smart scale weight more than one time per day

It would be great if Garmin connect could display multiple measurements of your weight per day, not just one. For some people this is important (for example patients with heart failure)
  • don't hold your breath

This apparently was mentioned as something coming on dcrainmakers review of the Index Scale. That was well over a year ago though. There have been hardly any updates for the Index. Mine works, but it is the worst supported Garmin item I've ever bought. Don't hold your breath.

It still messes up the myfitnesspal sync which is frustrating and mfp will overwrite your addtional weight metrics with zeroes. really frickin poor
  • Many people have asked Garmin about this, seems that they not care. :mad::mad:
  • I recently created a free fitnesssyncer account and learned that you could sync Garmin data. It allows multiple weigh-ins to show up from the index scale even though Garmin Connect only shows the most recent for a given day.
  • I recently created a free fitnesssyncer account and learned that you could sync Garmin data. It allows multiple weigh-ins to show up from the index scale even though Garmin Connect only shows the most recent for a given day.

Does it auto sync, or you need to subscribe for the sync?
  • Does it auto sync, or you need to subscribe for the sync?

There's a one time setup in fitnesssyncer to authorize the Garmin feed. After that it automatically syncs each day. The first time it synced data, it collected about 30 days worth of data. Haven't had any syncing issues since setting it up.
  • If this issue could be fixed by software, why Garmin doesn't want to improve it?
  • Being able to use the scale for water loss management would be an important feature and a very good selling argument for the product.

I weight in every morning for weight management, but I want to weight before and after my bike rides to monitor possible dehydration.The way it could work could be every user enter an interval of preferred hours for the daily weight in (I think that 99% of people do it at wake Up, but just in case ?), so for instance 6:00AM to 8:00AM. So any weight in during that time span would be the one user for the daily statistics. Any other weight in during the same day would be for water loss during exercise measurement. If only one other measurement during the same day, it would assume a post exercise weight in, and be compared to the morning weight figure, if two of them outside if time range, they would be considered before and after exercise and they would be compared to each other. Water loss should be display in metric of imperial according to user preference.

I think this is very easy to do, yet an important improvement!
  • Hay Garmin, any thought or progress on being able to capture multiple weight in a day, so that we can measure weight and stats before and after training. That is also part of training? Is there still development for the smart scale?
  • Whilst this doesn't address the limitation in the Garmin Connect platform I thought it would be worth mentioning that if you also have a Training Peaks account and link it to the Garmin Health stats here https://www.trainingpeaks.com/account/garminhealth you can sync multiple daily weigh-ins to to your Training Peaks account.

Cheers,

Gwyn
  • Hi Garmin Team
    please implement the feature/ability to store and display multiple weight-data per day. It is very useful for most people, tnx