This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BF% is exactly 7% for months. which is WAY off, cant change it.

For a couple months now, the BF% is exactly 7% for me. When I weigh in on our other user it reads accurately.

I've tried reseting it.

Removing it from connect.

taking the batteries out.

reseting again.

NOTHING works.

Garmin support site is a black hole of never ending loops that get you nowhere.

It worked fine - changeing a little every time I weighed. But stayed consistently at where it should've been. I understand the whole BIA thing is not accurate but this is something funky with the software because it worked before.

Any ideas?
  • Same issue for me. Any answer from Garmin Support?
  • Same issue for me. Any answer from Garmin Support?

Well, they haven't fixed this in nearly two years, so I guess the answer to your question is "no". Possibly also, "we can't be bothered".
  • Well, they haven't fixed this in nearly two years, so I guess the answer to your question is "no". Possibly also, "we can't be bothered".

They fixed the ntp server delay causing irregular connectivity issue after 18 months, so there is still hope for you :D
  • Well, they haven't fixed this in nearly two years, so I guess the answer to your question is "no". Possibly also, "we can't be bothered".

Right it seems they do not care at all about this.
    They were supposed to give an explanation on why it could not be fixed.
    Still no news in about 1 years.

Shame.
  • Add me to the list of those affected by this 7% issue. Will be returning mine.

• I am experiencing the same issues for almost a year!

On Activity Class 8+ my BF% is exactly 7%. Every single day. The only exception was 7.X% after several weeks of no training and roughly 5 kg weight gain. Once I got closer to my normal weight the BF% is stuck again at 7%.

On Activity Class 0-7 the BF% is in the 7-8% range (mostly almost 7%) but at least I see some minor fluctuations. My true BF% is probably around 10%.

In my experience the algorithm that extrapolates the BF from a feet-only measurement gives too low results. In terms of training time I have an Activity Class of 9 or 10 but the Athlete mode gives nonsense results. It should at least show minor daily fluctuations.

It would be great if the algorithm could be improved, especially for the Athlete mode, or at least if the Athlete mode could be selected independently of the activity class.

It would be interesting to see if the Athlete mode actually gives reasonable results for a person with a true BF% < 7%.

• any news?

it's horrible, because playing arround with activity level make big problems on Training Load too!

i won't play arround, i want a fix, on an Tanita scale my body fat is arround 16% on Index Scale it jumps arround between 9% to 12% or is constantly on 7% when i use athlete modus! 

the problem started for me in September 2018!

a lot of communication with Garmin Support by mail and telephone, but nothing happens, there is no priority on this issue, it must be escalated like dc rainmakers have done with open swim issue on new Marque watches!

• 5 month ago i opened this thread in the old german forum, interaction with Garmin Support by phone and mail, till today nothing happens, a scale that measures more then a half year a wrong BF?

https://forums.garmin.com/de/sports-fitness/fitness-tracker/f/index-smart-scale/8793/korperfettanteil-auf-waage-ist-zu-niedrig-athlet-modus-misst-immer-den-selben-wert/59275#59275

is it really true?

why Garmin don't react on this problem?

• This problem has now been unaddressed, and ignored Garmin for two years and five months. Thanks Garmin. And here's some instructive reading: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/06/competitor-software-instability.html

• Hello Garmin, is it really true, that you ignore the problems of your customers over a half year and more?