This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New scale user new problems - wifi password

I just bought the thing and it won't accept my wifi password ?!?!?? tells me its wrong after 30 tries.

My wifi password is clearly NOT wrong. I know how to spell my own password. How do I fix this issue? I can't get anything but weight from the scale without wifi?

I will return this very quickly if not resolved soon. Seems to be a big mistake.
  • You're unlikely to get an answer here, as these forums are mainly user to user. I suggest you call Product Support so they can provide detailed help.
  • I don't have a lot of free time to be home with the scale and call Garmin. Tried and they're closed. Returning the scale. From reading numerous other users' wifi issues I've decided this is a high risk product and very unsatisfactory. Should be plug in and go or at least straight forward.

The fact that it has a terrible interface to work with any problems means this is only for people looking for a new hobby.
  • Have a read of the "sticky" at the top of the page. You will see that it is a known problem with compatibility between the scales and certain wifi appliances and that Garmin are investigating. Have a little patience and you may get a resolution.
  • I had the same issue, was because my WIFI network was set to WPA2 mixed mode (personal/enterprise), I changed it too WPA2 Personal and it worked fine.
  • I had the same issue, was because my WIFI network was set to WPA2 mixed mode (personal/enterprise), I changed it too WPA2 Personal and it worked fine.

Thank you so much! I had the same issue with the "invalid password" error. This was the only place that I saw a solution. Once I changed the setting to WPA2 Personal it worked perfectly!
  • I had the same issue as the above and my WiFi was already set WAP2 personal. I only managed to set my up by using my mobile phone hotspot WiFi access. But, I had slight issues with it saying the WiFi password being wrong, copied the password and when it pasted, it didn’t paste the full password. I therefore shortened the password and then manually type in the password which made it work. Only annoying thing by doing it this way, is I have to refresh the personal hotspot every time I use the scales, as the hotspot switches off when it’s not being used.

• FWIW - This was fixed on my network which is running on EERO wifi access points, by disabling IPv6 at the router. Once I rebooted, reset the scale, removed and re-added - everything worked fine. Had the exact same issue with "incorrect wifi" password when it was clearly correct. 

• Pleased to see your issue as I think I have the same problem, I am also confused and in need of light on this same issue.

4MyHR.com