This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scale doesn't show body mas, fat,...

Hello

I just got the scale and it works just fine only one problem.... There are 4 users, my wife, son, daughter and me... It works great for my wife, daughter and me, but my son doesn't get the readings for body fat, mas... He just gets an X and no readings... Any ideas?

Tnx
  • Yep. He's to thin (BMi around 19).

There's a huge thread on this issue because many users are suffering from this issue.
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it will get fixed.... :-(
  • Yep. He's to thin (BMi around 19).

There's a huge thread on this issue because many users are suffering from this issue.
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it will get fixed.... :-(

Actually I don't belive this to be the problem... I reduced his height in the settings and he got BMI 20 but still X on the rest of data...
  • Well, reducing his height metric and letting the scale "think" he's smaller won't work. That does not change his stature in real life where he's still to thin :-).

It display's the X for people with a real life BMI of about 19 and below.
  • But he is over 19 anyway... He is about 140 at around 40 kg at age 9 (soon to be 10) with quite a lot of muscle... He plays ice hockey from age 3... So? I belive it is something with his profile on GC, because if he weighs himself under his sitster initials he gets al the readings... He is using my old Vivofit2, which I was using for couple of months and had it registerd in my GC profile... I also use MFP and I think at has something to do with that data integration.... Anybody?
  • Very interesting....

That must indicate it's more an algorithm problem than a physical problem with he scale.
    Perhaps there is hope for a firmware fix afterall :-)
  • OK new news... My kid weigh himself with a 5kg medicine ball... He got all readings but not to real... He got like 5% body fat, 23.something kg of muscle, 63% watter... But he didn't get the X hahahah
  • You got an answer for the problem? 

• My BMI is 22 and I am not getting the body fat measurement for the last week either. Last reading was just above 10% body fat one week ago. So it doesn't seem  to be related to this 19 BMI number people have been talking about. 

I have the latest firmware installed apparently as well (3.0).