This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scale not registering - Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass

I've just bought the Index Scale, which by some stroke of luck unlike some others I had no problem linking to my Connect account.

The problem I am having is that the scale is not registering any of the metrics for Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass. Regardless of where I stand on the scale all I am getting is the Weight & BMI

The Weight & BMI is being uploaded to Connect, however the other metrics don't appear there either.

Although I don't believe it's a Garmin Connect issue, I've tried numerous resets & reconnects using both WPS & GCM set-ups without success in getting the additional metrics.

The scale is running F\W 2.50.0.0, although it was running 2.40.0.0 when I first got it and had some difficulty in getting the F/W to update, but got there in the end.

Is anyone else having issues where the above metrics are not being recorded?
  • While I am having issues - my initial setup went well (just as yours) and I had the same issue. Mine was caused by having a link between GC and MyFitnessPal. My first weigh in updated GC with only my weight - having since removed the Garmin app from MFP and doing a weigh in, all stats sync now.
  • Hi, Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have a link to MyFitnessPal.
    The weird thing is the data isn't displayed on the scale when I take a measurement either. I'm Wondering if I've got a faulty scale
  • Hi, Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have a link to MyFitnessPal.
    The weird thing is the data isn't displayed on the scale when I take a measurement either. I'm Wondering if I've got a faulty scale

I had this and found it really helped if I took my socks (and shoes) off. The first time I had weighed myself, I had been wearing shoes and socks for a while, so I think my socks were conductive enough to get those measurements. When I tried the next morning, it seemed like the socks were dry enough that it couldn't do that part of the weigh-in.
  • I had this and found it really helped if I took my socks (and shoes) off. The first time I had weighed myself, I had been wearing shoes and socks for a while, so I think my socks were conductive enough to get those measurements. When I tried the next morning, it seemed like the socks were dry enough that it couldn't do that part of the weigh-in.

Yeah, being barefoot is essential for accurate readings, similar thing happened to me
  • Thanks again for the tips. Unfortunately all the measurements I've taken so far have been without shoes & socks. Maybe I've just got a faulty scale. I've submitted a support request to see what Garmin themselves can come with.
    If there's any more suggestions out there keep them rolling in.
  • Stand on it for longer. At least until your name flashes.
  • Hi,

By any chance, have you found a solution to your problem? Indeed, I am facing the same issue and would be very interested if you have a solution. Thank you in advance
  • My problem with the Index (outside of not syncing with MyFitnessPal) is that although my weight seems to be recorded correctly, the other measurements have not changed. So BF% has stayed at 25.5% for 5 days in a row. Same with body water, bone mass, etc.
  • Mine stayed the same for 4 days and then changed today! BF went from 15.6 to 11.5!!!
  • Mine stayed the same for 4 days and then changed today! BF went from 15.6 to 11.5!!!

Stop working out so hard! :D