This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a limit on the number of weightings per day in historical data/GC?

Is there a limit on the maximum number of weightings per day that can be stored and displayed in my historical data/GC/GCM?

Let's cut to the chase here, I have been using wifi scales consistently over the past years to weigh myself at least three times a day. I cannot change that routine. Is there a limitation on that number while using the Index scale/GC/GCM platform? I'm sorry but I did not see a disclosure to that effect anywhere in the manual before I purchased it.
  • Just weigh yourself first thing in the AM, anything after that is irrelevant.

Please keep in mind each measurement records water, fat, muscle and bone contents, besides overall weight. At this point, I wouldn't second guess why someone would purchase a wifi scale with the capabilities of the Index (and accompanying cloud platform), and expect it to not be able to record/display more than one data point per day.
  • I've not tried it, (I only weigh myself once a day), but you might able to set up a second (dummy) Garmin Connect account, and invite that user to your scale. There also might be a "guest" user, I haven't checked.

You weigh yourself, and if it's not the "important" weight, switch to the dummy or guest user on the scale, and that reading doesn't go to your real account.
  • ...but you might able to set up a second (dummy) Garmin Connect account, and invite that user to your scale...

Jim, that's the spirit! I like that! Let's take that a step further. On computers, I think you can be logged in to different GC accounts as long as you use a different browser for each one. But on phones, I think I would need one phone for each account since there can be only one instance of GCM running at a time in a phone. So let's consider the simplest scenario in which I would have one account for measurements taken straight out of bed, and another account for measurements just before going to bed. On a PC I would have to have a windows explorer and a chrome open at the same time, logged in to each one of the accounts, in order to compare and study my measurements. On a single phone, I would have to logout/login, back and forth, possibly several times, in order to analyse my data. Losing weight is already painful enough :-). Can we reduce that overhead?
  • I have a WS-50 and if it can't determine the user (it may be looking at other metrics like water/fat/...), it has a fallback that lets you choose the user name. I assumed the Index would function in a similar fashion. In any case, I agree with you, it is insane. I'm just trying to be constructive. As a side note, this is a show stopper for me. If there is no indication this is changing soon, I will keep the cash while I wait for the change to eventually be made.
  • I don't think that would work (even if I wanted to do that... its insane) because the scale determines the user based on weight. Since the two "users" would be identical the scale would mess it up.

You can tap the scale and switch users. I tried it an hour ago. And there is a "guest".

If two people are close, it would be the same thing, thus the ability to switch users.
  • Can we please get to keep at least two measurements per day?
  • My wife used my Index to weight our luggage in preparation for a flight, and make sure we don't go over the limits in any of our family's suitcases. I didn't know she had done that until this morning when I noticed my weight in yesterday's measurement was totally off, specially body fat, which is very low for suitcases apparently. As the last measurement takes over, I lost the actual measurement I had plus a few other side effects:

My body composition averages were all messed up.

I deleted yesterday's measurements (which included body composition). I also manually entered the weight for the day before yesterday as yesterday's weight (because I can't remember what it really was). That manual entry for yesterday (15th) does not show up on the "Weight" section on GCM. Both Index mesurements: day before yesterday (14th) and today (16th), do show up. They all show up on GC.

Using luggage also messed up the way the scale recognizes who is stepping on it. It simply stopped recognizing me. It didn't let me choose my initials either. Eventually I had to reset the scale and go through setup again through ANT+ (I learned that bluetooth needs to be turned off on my iphone for the setup process to go through ANT+, setup through bluetooth would apparently happen but that didn't seem to ever resolve the issue as I did that a few times before attempting ANT+).

True story.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Sooooo stupid !
    I too just bought an Index and have run into the same underdeveloped problem. Why the heck am I limited to 1 weigh-in per day. I should be able to do as many as I think I need, and delete as many as I like. It's my scale and my records. Garmin, please put an end to this dumb restriction. I may have to return this thing.
  • Just so I understand, why do you want to weigh yourself more than once a day? In order to properly check for weight gain/loss you are meant to weight yourself at the same time each day (typically the morning I believe). If you weigh yourself after exercise/ eating etc then you are going to get false readings.

CW
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Just so I understand, why do you want to weigh yourself more than once a day? In order to properly check for weight gain/loss you are meant to weight yourself at the same time each day (typically the morning I believe). If you weigh yourself after exercise/ eating etc then you are going to get false readings.
    CW

It is completely immaterial as to why I want to weigh myself multiple times. If I have a reason then that is my business not yours. What this discussion is about is that Garmin Connect will not allow you control over how you use the scale. If you have read through any related posts you will have come to realize that someone just might want to jump on the scale for any reason at all but if you do, the scale will upload that data and overwrite your morning weigh in. That is stupid. Period.