This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Index Scale - Problems out of the box

Before you buy that bitchin' new Garmin Fitness​ index scale for Christmas...Here are my first impressions:

The set up on this seems very simple and straight forward out of the box. However, wi-fi and Bluetooth connection problems have turned what should be a very cool scale into a minor pain in the ass.

I've already returned one scale because the Bluetooth didn't connect. The data is supposed to sync via wi-fi but after getting a replacement scale that the data does not sync to Garmin Connect Mobile. I finally for the Wi-Fi to work on the 2nd scale and had to leave it on overnight when, at some point, it finally did an over the air software update to version 2.30.0.0. Also, I find that I have to keep resetting the Wi-Fi connection through Garmin Connect Mobile, because even though the data is showing on the Garmin Connect desktop site it does NOT show on Garmin Connect Mobile.

Another issue was with adding a "guest" user (my wife). When I had to reset the connection, her connection was completely lost in the scale even though the scale still showed up in her Garmin Connect. The scale didn't have her listed as a user so it wouldn't send her data to Garmin Connect. After trying to reset it over and over again, signing out and back in to Garmin Connect Mobile and desktop, turning phones off and on again...I still wasn't able to re-add my wife.

I'll go back home after work and try to reset everything again. If I can't, I'll call support before returning this 2nd scale. I really want it to work because I like the idea of having my body data all in the same place as my activities. But so far, this seems like a typical Garmin hardware launch where major disappointments in performance immediately present themselves.

UPDATE 12/1/15: Yesterday there was an update to Garmin Connect Mobile which appears to have helped the set up process and the refresh by pulling down on the weight screen on GCM. My scale is now operating correctly for both my wife and me. Although it is about a 1/2 pound different than our old scale. We are just going with it. I just hope it doesn't become disconnected so I have to go through all of that again. Fingers crossed.