This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

After SW 3.00 - No Networks Found / Invalid Password / Blinking WiFi icon + Red X when syncing

Hello,

yesterday my index S2 upgraded to firmware 3.00.

Today I saw that:

User settings were not synced, which means that no usernames are on the scale, only empty persons with question marks.

Date and Time settings are also not synced and do not change after several measurements. (I switched to 24h in the app)

I did:

1) Factory reset

2) removed the scale from Garmin web interface and from the Garmin app

3) Re-attached the scale again via Garmin app (and yes, I of course removed indexS2 from bluetooth settings)

4) Did 2) and 3) several times

5) Tried to install the firmware again via the manual process. Did not work since 3.00 is already on the scale...

6) Deleted the WLAN connection and attached it again

7) Switched to another WLAN

4) Replaced the batteries and did 1), 2) 3), 6) again.

Nothing helped. the scale still does not show the user(s) I attached to the Garmin app and does not sync weight.

And I also noticed that after trying to sync a red X appears in the upper left corner of the scale for a short time.

Any hints?

Regards Uli

• I followed the steps via the manual update process after replacing batteries.  Tried multiple networks, my home wifi (WPA2) does not work after trying to reset passwords.  I was able to connect to my hotspot, but that's really not a good option. 

• May be a strange reason or option for you.

There are several WiFi chips in the market having trouble with WiFi mesh networks.

I had connection problems with my home mesh Wifi network and a wallbox for my e-car.

After switching off mesh, the wallbox connected as expected.

With a later firmware update the problem was solved. In between I decided to switch off mesh function.

• Thanks.  I don't have mesh configured.  It's a basic standard wifi configuration for the typical homeowners. 

• exactly.   Nothing out of the ordinary on my wifi either.   WPA2, worked before the update, no changes to the Wifi, after update not working.

• I have the same issue. No WiFi connection anymore. I've followed the instructions (video and written) several times including battery change.

My router doesn't even support WEP anymore so it can't be this. I've also tried:

• changing security from WPA2+WPA3 to WPA2 only
    • Disabling 5Ghz wifi
    • factory reset of the scale 2
    • removing it from connect app (and under BT devices)

no matter what I do it doesn't connect to wifi anymore!

I really wonder how GARMIN will fix this as it seems SW updates require Wifi connection...

Maybe interesting (why can't I attach image, only link?):

Name: Index S2

SKU: International

NOH: true

Device ID: can provide but not sure I should share 

Wifi FW: Cert 401:6

FW version: 3.00.00

XIP version: 300

MAC: can provide but not sure I should share

Server Env: Production

• Could you try to setup a WiFi hotspot with your mobile phone? 

Perhaps that connection  works.

• Tried EVERYTHING !!  No success, odd also that I get "incorrect password" even when I resort to an open network.

Garmin  has essentially bricked this device

• can you confirm that you replaced with new batteries?

• Yes, did all my test activities with new batteries. No positive effect noticed.

• At least I also tried with new batteries after I ran into this issue.

I did some further analysis:

- After the update to 3.00 the scale sends several DHCP DISCOVERY requests, which aren't answered by the DHCP server. After about ten requests, scale gives up and doesn't get any IP address for the network. This only happens when trying to connect to my FritzBox.

- If I connect via Hotspot to my iPhone the scale gets an IP immediately and the sync works correctly.

As I haven't changed anything with my WIFI and DHCP setup, there must have been some changes in scale's network stack how to discover the correct DHCP server in the network.