This was going to be another whinge about how bad these power meter pedals are... and mostly it is but some good news.

I've attempted all of the suggested fixed- the baby oil, the little shim behind the bottom contact, etc.  Didn't get in to the new battery doors yet or contacting the company.  It the usual story of these pedals working fine when I got them until I replaced the batteries, then constant drop outs over the last 6 months all the time despite a pile of new batteries and constant tinkering / cleaning etc.  I had come to just accept it.  Then I put in these Energizer A76 batteries about a month ago and no issues so far.  (Attachment may not have worked)

Knock on carbon, hope it'll keep working cause I love the pedals!