Low battery warnings with new doors and circuit board.

Is anyone else getting low battery warnings since installing the new small parts kit? Since I installed the parts with fresh, tested cr1/3n batteries I get about 10 hours before I get a low battery warning. Previously I'd get over 100 hours before the low warning message. Checking the fit file it shows the voltage down around 2.6-2.5v but when I remove the batteries and test them with a multimeter they measure right at 3.0v.

Yesterday I went for a ride and got the warning with almost new batteries so today I put the old doors and circuit board back in with the same batteries and viola everything is fine again. Battery voltage from yesterday was 2.62v at start and 2.5v at end. Tonight's ride with the old doors and same batteries gave 2.93v at start and 2.89v at end. Temperature was virtually the same so that's not the cause. I'm wondering if there's something up with the new design that's not conducting as well as the old?

• I received the kit a couple of days ago. Originally I planned on fitting on next battery change,  but as I'm having no problems at the moment don't think I'll bother.

• So I decided to test the new doors and circuit board with my multimeter and new cr1/3n battery and found some interesting results.

Battery alone: 3.27v

Battery in new door: 3.27v (so the doors don’t seem to be the problem)

Battery in new door and circuit board: 2.9v

Battery in new door and old circuit board: 3.27v

So it appears that the new board is adding resistance and not passing the same voltage which is likely why I’m getting the low battery warnings prematurely. Time to contact Garmin support...

• Can you explain how we can check this, to confirm if this a new problem for all, or just an isolated case

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Similar issue, just got a new version of battery circuit board(PCB). The left pedal consumes power quickly and battery bulge, even I didn't use it three days with new battery. I changed the right PCB to left pedal, And the left one get the same. Also, the new pcb causes the connection lost in a short idle time, such as when waiting for a traffic light.

• I am having similar issue , i have tried to contact  Garmin, by phone, email (3no Times)and on line chat and non response on any of them. The latest set of Vectors where replace by Garmin not along agp