Edge 530 says to upgrade pedals to 3.80, but Connect Mobile says up to date, but they're still 3.60

I get the reminders every time on my Edge 530 to update the firmware on my Vector 3 pedals to 3.8, but it never seems to finish. When I use Connect Mobile to look at the Software Version of the pedals, it says up to date, at 3.60.

Anybody had this problem before? How can I get Connect Mobile to recognise that there is a 3.80 update available?

I have already removed the pedals and re-added them as a device, this hasn't resolved the issue.

Thanks

• get the update first with connecting Edge to Garmin Express, then the update files are on your Edge, if you connect your v3 to your edge the next time, you will see the update information to install the update on the Edge screen.

disable BLT on your mobile phone and connect v3 to edge only with ANT+, this worked for me every time!

• I have tried this already.. I get the message that an update is available.. I set it to update and it just stays on the update screen.. doesn't go any further.

I watch the LED's on the pedals flashing Red/Green like they are updating, then they stop flashing, but no further action on the Edge.

• Yip I have tried this already too. Tried to update the firmware using my Edge 530 after getting the notification. I also had my bluetooth on my phone turned off so it couldn't be attached at the same time.

When I connected the pedals to my watch, I note that there are actually two sensors available... the BLE version and the non-BLE version. However I don't see two sensor entries on the Edge 530 .. should there be?

• Yip I have tried this already too. Tried to update the firmware using my Edge 530 after getting the notification. I also had my bluetooth on my phone turned off so it couldn't be attached at the same time.

When I connected the pedals to my watch, I note that there are actually two sensors available... the BLE version and the non-BLE version. However I don't see two sensor entries on the Edge 530 .. should there be?

normally you have to see both on your Edge, is one of them already connected? (i have disabled BLT forever)

or is it connected already to your watch, so the Edge haven't exclusive Access for the firmware update?

try to search for all sensors, i am not sure, it could be an Option to show all sensors or something similar?

• On the Edge you will only ever see one sensor for either BLE or ANT when searching. The pedals run in master slave configuration and only the master (the left) will broadcast its identity for the Edge to find.

Under the sensor details you can see information about the other pedal. 

You need to be paired over ANT to use the Edge to update the pedals.

• i mean not both pedals, in the past i seen V3 two times on Edge, one for ANT+ and one for BLT

• Tonight I did manage to add both ANT+ and Bluetooth Sensors, and the Edge 530 was able to connect to both, but only one at a time, which makes sense. It picks up the ANT+ version by default, but then you choose "Other Sensors" and the BLE version appears. Though only the connection through ANT+ gives the option to do the 3.80 update (which aweatherall correctly alludes to), which it did ask me, every time.

Again, it starts the update, pedals flash Red/Green like they should.. then they stop flashing but the Edge is still in the "Üpdating..." screen and doesn't go any further.

I turned the sensors off on my watch.

I also turned Bluetooth off on my Phone so no connection there either.

Batteries were good. Before turning the Bluetooth off, they were picked up by Garmin Connect Mobile fine, battery level good and Right Pedal linked fine.