Spikes and Drops

Hi, I got new Vector 3 pedals about 2 weeks ago.  The new design battery covers, updated to the newest firmware and as far as I can tell no problems with the assembly.  I've had a bunch of issues with power/cadence drops and spikes.  Does anyone know what can be causing this problem?  I've attached a .fit file illustrating the drops and a power spike of >40,000 (impressive right).

Additionally, I'm finding it difficult to get the garmin connect app to find the pedals over bluetooth.  I was able to get it done to update the firmware, but the connectivity has been very intermittent since.

Thanks,
James

3817971784.zip

• it looks like you are seeing a few resets on the left side and that will cause power report interruptions. The best course of action is to remove the left side battery door and if you see any accumulated debris on the contacts, clean it off. It is recommended to lubricate the contacts with a small amount of light oil such as Tri-Flow or baby oil. 

Additionally, it is possible for the Bluetooth connection to the phone to interfere with the power data transmission to your head unit especially if it is frequently trying to reconnect. You may see better results if you remove your pedals from your Garmin Connect device list unless you are doing a firmware or configuration update.

1. Same issue as mine. Vector 3 cause my cadence stop together. No proper solution till now
  • OK, the unit came with batteries installed so surprised that is the issue.  I will disconnect garmin connect, and change the batteries.

• After follow T_smit suggestion by removing left pedal battery and put it back again, these problem seem solved, no spike and suddenly drop when riding after this.

But I think this should solve by software update but not manually taken battery out. Which is below user expectations, for those user who unable to have chance to getting these info, they may not recommend their partners. People around me told me vector 3 drop out issues and I did experienced myself, it hurt Garmin reputation badly now.

• So, I changed the batteries, cleaned, baby oiled, disabled bluetooth, etc.  Everything has been running fine, but I'm starting to get drops again.  Is it the same issue?  It's frustrating if I have to keep cleaning, oiling in between battery changes.  Any thoughts?  Thanks, James

4123104775.zip