Power and balance still wrong on new Vector 3s

Vector 3s are 2 months' old. Power data clearly wrong. On rides where I expect Av Power of 170-220 Watts depending on condition, Vector 3s reading around 130W. I am missing most muscle mass on right calf, so power from left leg naturally higher. Wattbike shows consistent 55%/45% balance. Vector 3s shows 50-51% for left which is impossible! Last ride was 50/50. (Question: have you updated the software to 'set' balance to 50/50 if you get data drops?) Have tried all Garmin recommended solutions (crank length; check software update; battery covers for new design; new batteries - even used switched to CR1/3N single battery as per advice on call from the Garmin support site). I need a proper fix. These pedals are useless for what I bought them for (reliable, comparable power data; balance). I read all the complaints before buying but thought they had been fixed.

• What head unit are you using? Do you do zero calibrations regularly? Do you have a .fit activity log for one of your recent rides that you could post?

• Are you able to check what crank length is set on Vector? Not on your Garmin headunit, but on Vector. And not what you have set, but what value is set currently. I try to check, whether you may have the same problem as I have: https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/vector-3/164182/crank-length-problem---exist-with-vector

• I'm glad to read that it's still happening to somebody. The story is similar. Purchased two months ago vector 3s. After update Edge 520 Plus Firmware Version 4.10 starts to show reduced power. The data field is averge value 3 seconds. When the power is around 200W it shows 130W. And sometimes it's unrealistic to show the power of over 200W. I thought more that my fitness was ruined :). I tried everything, checked the crank length, zero calibrations several times. Unpair pair several times. Nothing helps!

• Thanks for responses. Answers:

- I record with both Edge 130 (which doesn't give balance) and Fenix 5S (which does). Both files agree on power numbers. I have also recorded with my phone (for Trainer Road) which follows similar pattern

- I zero calibrate at start of every ride

- the low power is one issue (could be crank length, but doubt it given following). The bigger issue (and the reason I bought a dual-sided meter) is that, given my physiology (missing most of calf on right leg), I am interested in power balance . It is impossible for my legs to generate the same power over a prolonged period. Wattbike consistently shows 55/45 left/right which seems about right. My Vector 3S ride files show 50/50 or even 49/50 in favour of the right leg!

- the attached is my last .fit file. I had to change the extension to .tif for the forum to allow me to post it. Change it back to .fit to work with it.

3707171108.tif

• "My Vector 3S ride files show 50/50 or even 49/50 in favour of the right leg!" 

How can V3S even show balance? You need sensors on both pedals to get balance. Or am I missing something here? 

• I've had the same problem. My pedals worked fine for about 6 months, then:

(1) In April, my batteries started dying after about 10-15 hours of use. Perhaps unrelated, but perhaps first signs of a problem.

(2) After a long ride last weekend, I changed the batteries. Then the pedals started reading left side way low. Like 71/29% R/L balance. And, as you observed, power was way low. A ~200 watt ride would read 120 watts.

I called customer support and they are sending new battery covers. I seriously doubt this is the problem, but I will try.

Did you ever get a solution?

• Hello everyone , 

I bought my VECTOR 3S 7 months ago, at first after 20 min ride power dropped to 0, then after little research the best hack was a piece of cork , that worked just fine until I think the latest update (thats my conclusion) any way They started to read very low WATTS 1 w, or 40 w NP , so I contacted support they send me the new PC BOARD AND BATTERY CAP, I replace everything also new batteries ,  but I have the same problem of low readings

so frustrating at this point

does any one fixed this issue?

• Whaaat Open mouth
    I contacted support too, and waiting for the response at the moment. I guess they will also send me the new battery cap. I was sure that this will fix my problem.
    If this also didn't help, what did you do? Send back the pedals?
    It's really frustrating.. I use them for my master thesis and cannot do anything now.

• Was this the problem? Is it working now with the new battery caps?

• I believe that it may have resolved the question, but perhaps too early to tell. I had to change the batteries for other reasons, so I've had to restart my test But so far, so good.