Poor data

Got a replacement set of Vectors running v3.6. Used them 4 or 5 times last week in Spain on Bike A and no issues, l/r balance around 50'ish/50'ish which is same as my 2 pairs of Vector 2s. Was using an Edge 1000 head unit.

Back on Monday, fitted them to Bike B, Edge 1030 head unit. L/R balance was 56/44! Avg and np power looked too high

Today, fitted to Bike C, Edge 1030 head unit. L/R balance was 45/55! Also had a power spike of 2440w for ~3seconds. Avg and np power looked too high. Got a 300 tss for a < 3 hour ride!

All bikes running 172.5 cranks and I do a calibration before each ride.

No consistency or accuracy at all.

• Spoke too soon. Worked perfectly on three long rides last weekend. First ride today getting constant right pedal missing messages and dropouts. Near end of ride got low battery message on 1030 so changed the batteries for first time using the spare batteries that cam with the vectors. Did another ride and and seems they have turned into a random number generator. Two rides, two lots of useless data. Really not fit for purpose. 

• I am also experiencing the same issue. I just recieved a new set of Vector 3 pedals. I have mounted them on a clean crank and with the right tension. Any solutions found?

• I suspect that Garmin doesn't always get the install angles right on the Vector 3 pedals. I have also had the L/R balance bounce around between different bikes. Each install was done with a calibrated electronic torque wrench, reset install angles, calibrate, calibrate again. The bikes have identical setups and seats. Still sometimes I'm right dominant, sometimes I'm left dominant. Check, if your power phase angles bounce around in line with the L/R balance.