This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Radar Disconnected"

During a ride the radar disconnects by itself sometimes up to once an hour. I have to turn off the RTL510 and on again to reconnect

Any ideas?

Garmin edge 1030 is my bike computer
  • Also, something else your software teams might look at to help identify the issue, This also happens if I stop for more than 2-3 minutes and everything autostarts… It seems that the sending units are not consistently picked up or linked. 

• I'v got problem with disconnecting radar during the ride since I updated Edge 820 to FW 11.20... I didn't experience this problem before

• Recently moved from Wahoo to the 530 and the Varia for the safety feature. Works well when connected, but last ride of 50 miles radar lost connection repeatedly, on its own connection reestablished several times and when it I fumbled through at pace to reconnect by enable/disable and turn off/on while riding. Please suggest how to correct? Return product, wait on update? Need help to troubleshoot?

• The problem might be do the the head units software. I've been using the RTL 510 since last October with a 1030 and I have not experienced any disconnects. Several times I noticed the light network may not have been formed because the light Widget on the 1030 did not appear but the radar worked fine.

• I ended up calling Garmin UK support about this, and they sent me a replacement RTL510, which has worked perfectly. I originally thought it was a firmware problem, but I had tried everything including reverting my Edge 820 firmware to an earlier version and pairing as a radar without light function, but nothing would stop the disconnects. I eventually concluded that it was the RTL510 that was faulty as non of my other sensors had disconnect issues, and  UK Garmin support agreed with me after discussing the matter by phone. I am once again very impressed by the speed and quality of support I received from Garmin UK so muchos kudos to them from me!

• I have the same issue with mine as well on the edge 820.  I contacted support and they are exchanging the unit for a new one.

• I have a brand new RT510 and it disconnected twice from my Edge 1030 during a 60-mile ride today. Got the 'radar disconnected' warning and then "forming light network' alerts on the Edge and then the radar reconnected automatically. This happened just past sunset. I had the Varia set to flashing and it never stopped flashing. I didn't have to do anything but it was unexpected.

• I have the Edge 530 paired with RTL510 and it disconnects constantly on rides! I thought it had fallen off at one point with those crappy o-rings they supply to hold a $200. Light! I am getting really frustrated that I can’t trust it to work on busy roads/night riding. Not sure what the fix is???

• - Are you using the most recent SW for the RTL510? We made improvements to prevent the 'Radar Disconnected' message. This software update can added to your device by using Garmin Express.

• Crappy rubber o-rings holding a $200 Garmin device!:)