This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Clip length resets to 1.30

Lately I’ve had a problem where the saved clip length defaults to 1m 30s. I have it set to 2 minutes in the app (most UK police forces operation snap portals ask for at least 2 minutes of footage). I’ve been using the RCT715 for months now and the clip length previously used to be 2.00 however it saves as 1.30. Firmware 4.70 has been out for a long time so I don’t think it’s that, so it could be a mobile app update (iOS, everything up to date) that has done this. When you view the setting, it reads 2m, but when you tape to change, it’s at 1.30. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

• Is it possible that you are only saving when the device is not already recording prior to your save?

So for instance, your camera is off, then you hit save? In this case, it will only record 1m30s (30 seconds less than your setting) I believe. So if you set it to 2:30min, and assuming you are saving from a previously off state, then you will get 2:00 min videos

• This was hitting save while the camera was recording after radar activation, as at the time, the Edge 1040 didn’t allow one to save when not recording. Since posting this, both the RCT715 & Edge 1040 have had software updates - which I’ve not tested as I’ve been on the indoor trainer. I’ll try nex5 time I venture outdoors. 

• I think you are going to see the same behavior, unless you wait some time (guessing 30 seconds since the settings go up by 30 seconds? ) from when your camera came on from the radar trigger.

But would like to see what you find, because like you said, there's been updates.

If you find that the behavior is unchanged, just change the setting to the longer one and you will be good I think?