This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems with memory card after 4.70 update

Hi,

Maybe it's not linked to the fw update, but I only have this phenomena after that (before I've never had any issues). During a ride my edge sometimes pops up a message that there is something wrong with the memory card in my varia and recordings cannot be made.

I tried to reformat the memory card but the issue still occurs from time to time.

Does anyone else have same experiences? Any solution for that?

• Not seen that. What sort of memory card are you using? Is it one designed for CCTV systems, e.g. constant writing/overwriting?

• No real clue on that. :) It's a 64GB Sandisk Ultra SdXC that I used previously in my Garmin Dash Cam Mini, and also worked well in the varia before the update. 

• Ok, it seems it's the end of the lifecycle of my memory card...I put back the original that came with the radar, and it just works fine...
    I should've tested it before I ask... Slight smile

• Glad you sorted out. If you're planning on replacing the SD card, I'd recommend buying a CCTV/dashcam-specific one. This isn't just marketing, they're designed for constant write activity which 'normal' ones aren't, leading to potentially faster degradation. Go for something like the Sandisk High Endurance range rather than Ultra/Extreme/Pro - pricing is still about the same.

• This is what I use:

SanDisk 128GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card.This is a Class 10, which is a minimum 10MB/sec write speed.

Format it as MS-DOS (FAT32). 

Paid about $17 on Amazon.  There may be some out there that are less that might work, but this one has been rock solid.