This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Camera Button Confusion

Just got the RCT715 and the hardware camera button is confusing me. The behavior I want is that pushing the camera button will mark videos so they aren't overwritten for at least the prior 30 seconds (2 clips) and some time after. Since I don't have precognition I won't know until after an event and have some time to safely push the button. I also don't want to have to stop to download clips so they aren't overwritten. Can this be achieved with the current firmware version?
The manual is not clear about when a photo versus a video is taken when pushing the hardware button, can someone clarify?
Currently I have a wahoo head unit that shows radar, but no video / camera buttons. Using the app drains my phone battery rapidly, so I'm trying to use just the hardware button.

I do like to review clips. I seem to learn a lot about managing interactions with vehicles, mainly from lane positioning and what goes on behind me at intersections.

• I looked at the instructions and agree it is not clear what happens when the camera button on the device is pressed so I tried it.  It saved both a photo and a video clip that will be whatever length you set the video clip length to in the app settings.  The default length is 1.5 minutes.  The video clip will be in the “saved” folder on the device and will not be overwritten.