This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firmware update 4.70 - Solutions...Issues

Just uploaded firmware 4.70 via Varia app...took a while and unit went dead for a bit but came alive again thankfully and app let me know update was successful...not sure how great the update is as I don't see anything new, maybe behind the scenes fixes/updates?

Filing, viewing and downloading clips via the Varia app is still clunky (android), no recording indicator on head unit (830) and no option to manually record clip in any mode.......pffffttt!

Edit

• Support for video/photo save commands when camera is off

Not sure what this does...on the 830 via the widget,

in Continuous record mode, I can manually take photo/video 

In On Radar Activity only mode, manual photos/video capture is disabled with note on screen "No recent activity"

If Camera is Off, manual photos/video capture is disabled with note on screen "Recording disabled" (sic)

So what is the update about? There is no change to using the app to access footage...you still need to connect via BT, then via wifi to get access and filing system and try download footage

• Yes, the shown update hint seems not be correct and may confuse people.

There was also a break without showing any lights before the lights started to blink again…

And the app was showing after 10 minutes, that the update was still running. Closed the app and opened it: showed me, that 4.70 was installed.

• Yip it does warn you that the RCT715 will switch off then restart, I suppose I was a bit impatient as it did take a few minutes....then when nothing happened, I panicked...oh no bricked! But it came alive and all was good...but I still cannot work out what the update has done or how anything has changed...??

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

It took a while for me - I'd just let it sit for 10 minutes and then come back.  

• hi  ! 

at this time, the ability to take a picture or record while the camera is off only affects the Varia Mobile App. You will not see this feature on the Edge at this time. Please ensure your Varia Mobile App is up to date by checking in your phone's app store. Please also ensure your RCT715 has the 4.70 software by updating through the Varia App or Garmin Express.

• Ahhhh, thanks....now that makes sense...Update notice could have mentioned this?

I have checked, running the RTC715 via the latest mobile Varia app does indeed allow manual recording of photos/video (using set clip length) in ALL recording modes including OFF .....now jus port that to the Edge devices and we'll be golden!

• That would be very good