This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How long does a firmware update take?

I just got the RCT715.  I charged the unit for over an hour last night, but didn't get it to fully charged state.  This morning, I downloaded the Varia app to my iPhone 8.  I've managed to get the RCT715 paired with the app, and added the sensor to my Edge 1030.

Now I'm attempting to get the firmware updated to 4.40 from 4.10.  It has already been "in progress" for over 20 minutes.  Will it ever complete?

• The unit needs to be unplugged at a stage and left unplugged until the unit switches on the ('main') light -  after which the update should be completed. (This step might take up to 5 mins IIRC) 

• I decided to stop and have breakfast.  I completed charging the device while I ate.  When I came back, I entered the Varia app again, and it said I was still "in progress".  I turned the RCT715 off, killed the app, and restarted.  I was then told the update had completed, and the app shows I am at version 4.40.

I have no idea how this worked.  I hope it really did....

• Saw something similar, seems that the app does not exactly know when the update on the varia is completed..

• I had a similar experience.  Ultimately, I closed out of the app after 45 min of it being 'in progress', reopened it and the device info noted that the software version was now 4.70. My experience has always been that Garmin is glitchy. Wahoo...not so much.