This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Low Battery Warning?

Does anyone have any real life experience yet of when the low battery warning kicks in? I know on my original Varia RRL it gave the warning about 5-10 minutes before it died, which was no use whatsoever. Ideally I'd like to be able to set warning thresholds like you can on many Garmin watches so I could set an alert for 1hr remaining which would generally be enough to let me know that I needed to charge once I got home ready for my next regular ride.

However, failing that I'd just like to know that I'd got enough time to turn round and head for home if necessary.

• I received the low battery warning on a ride and 10 minutes later I received the critical warning and 5 minutes later it was dead. 

• Hmphhh. That’s annoying! Thanks anyway. 

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member over 1 year ago

Here is my test upon first full charge. 

This was in-doors in front of a box-fan. 

Connected to Edge 1040, Radar on, Camera always on, Light on full solid mode. 

0:00 - start

4:38 - Battery Low warning (2 bars in widget)

5:27 - Battery Critical warning (1 bar in widget)

5:30 - Battery Dead (shutdown)

- I'm not clear if this will be any different going forward since I did a full battery cycle.  I thought li-ion batteries weren't as sensitive to conditioning though. 

- I'm also not sure how much being in real traffic with car warnings would affect battery life?  Is that a thing?

• Low warning left me with about 1 hour of riding and then critical was about 15 min. This was with video only with radar activity and not a lot of traffic at the time. 
    Knowing we can use and charge will help a lot for long rides.