This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix: loosing active route

Latest version of software 3.40
Latest version of GPS chipset software 2.60
Fenix UnitID 385807xxxx

After about 10mn max 20mn the Fenix looses the active route!
I verified this over 20 times already, when following a route in Ultratrack mode (with good satellite reception, at 2km/h-15km/h speed).
That is:
- the screen with ETE, Distance, ETA no longer displays
- the direction no longer displays
- when going to GPS Tools->Active route, there is "no route active"!

The only option is to reload the route again!

I've read the the Owner manual from cover to cover, watched the Garmin tutorial videos. There is not mention of such limitation!

How should I proceed to be able to follow a route normally (for more than 20mn)?

[By the way, there is no Fenix dedicated thread, that is why I post here.]
  • Thanks for pointing to the thread. I've read it all. Unfortunately it does not explain why the Active route is lost.
    Furthermore Garmin advises to use UltraTrack for sampling periods of 1mn or above (not less).
    Any idea why the Active Route is lost ?
  • Thanks for the tip. I have an Explorer bike computer, and have the same problem with losing the active route. Unfortunately UltraTrac is for Garmin watches so that doesn't help me. You did point me in the right direction, as I went and tried to change my data sampling rate, but there's no straightforward way to do that. So I'm trying various ride settings to see if anything helps.