This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Emergency message

When out with the battery fully charged, every time I stop, junction, lights, it thinks I’ve crashed and need assistance, it cancels most of the time. Partners getting a bit pissed off with all the messages!

As a result the battery life is then shortened and the device  switches off after about 3 hrs, and won’t turn back on until battery level at 50%

• If my disk brakes are wet I can get quite a significant shudder through the forks to the bars if I brake hard to a stop.  This triggers the Emergency system.  I've learnt to dab the brakes a few times to dry them off. It has only happened three times but as you say quite annoying.

• Thought about shudder through the forks, when it first started the bike had been serviced and pads and rotors, cleaned, the weather is dry, live in Spain. I did a hard reset, didn't engage the emergency message on the Explore, but did on my watch, (2 are linked) and everything was fine, put the emergency message back on the Explore, same result, more messages.

On the plus side, at least doing the hard reset the battery last longer, but still sends out messages, partner is so p1ssed off with it, she brought me a 830 for Christmas, happy days.

• Every cloud has a silver lining - perhaps I ought to trigger my GPS more often :-)