This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

First ride - Tap to go back. Second ride - Route Calculation Error

I've tried to use my Edge Explore on extended days out and am considering getting rid.

I first downloaded the relevant Garmin maps for where I live and then plotted a couple of routes using the route planner feature on Ride with GPS.

I uploaded these routes to my Edge Explore and they were both found by the device.

On the day of the ride, I rode to the route and the device initiated the course and all was OK for a couple of minutes.

On the first ride all I then kept getting was the annoying, "Tap to go back" message every 30 seconds, which completely marred the 5 hour ride.

My second ride didn't feature the, "Tap to go back" message but did get completely ruined by the, "Route Calculation Error", flashing up every 30 seconds and almost entirely covering the map.

Any ideas ir advice before I consign it to the bin, in the same way that I consigned a similarly flawed Garbage car digital Sat Nav, back in the day?

Seriously, 15 years on and plus ça change, hein?