This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tip turn screen off for battery saving

Is there a way to turn off the annoying popup screen I get with a tip that I can turn off the display for longer battery usage... even though its on battery saving mode and this tip keeps the screen on then? After the 100th time I think I get it..

I'm running software version 5.10 so is this fixed in the later firmware? Im not updating yet because its working fine now and  my friends device has problems with it locking up.

• Crazy, isn't it? I mean we're already on battery saving mode with the screen putting itself to sleep when there's no user interaction, and yet...we get that tip. The reason we're waking up the screen and interacting with the device is because we want or need to. That seems to be lost on the programmers.

To answer your question though, I haven't found one. Even with system alerts disabled it keeps popping up (if I remember all the combination of settings I tried correctly). Also reverted to 5.1 as 5.3 firmware was behaving erratically; IIRC 5.3 had no provision to disable it either.