This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect Route Planner - different route than last time

I plotted a 30 mile route using Garmin Connect on the web about 4 months ago using Custom and Road Cycling and Popularity Routing. It was good - it took me through the countryside and avoided main roads. I want to plot it again. When I try and do it Garmin Connect on the web now takes me along main roads most of the way. 

I'm not sure of interaction between Edge Explore and Garmin Connect, but no matter what settings I have selected on Avoidance Setup garmin connect web still takes me along the main roads. 

The question isn't so much as how can I get my old route back - but how Garmin Connect website plot a route that avoids the main roads where possible ?

• If you haven't deleted your ride history (within your Edge Explore) here's what you can do to save that 4 month old route as a course. With device in hand:

1. From the main pull-down menu entitled 'Controls' select "Find a Course"

2. Select "Create New" in the next frame

3. Scroll down your chronologically sorted rides to the desired day and ride.

4. Select and rename it accordingly then tap the check mark.

Now the designated route will be saved under Courses-->Saved Courses. You can do this independently of Garmin Connect, completely within the device itself. Hope that helps.

• I don't know on which device or firmware you are, but I don't recognize few of what you write here.

On my Edge Explore with firmware 5.30 and language English:

1. From the main screen tap the hamburger menu bottom left, press History

2. Select Rides

3. From the list select the Ride that you like to save as a Course (you have the option here to check details like Summary, Map, Elevation and Laps)

4. Tap the hamburger menu bottom right and select Save Ride as Course under Options

5. Accept the default name or rename it to what suits you, then press the checkmark 'V' bottom right.

The Course is being created and added to the 'Courses -> Saved Courses' collection, accessible from the main screen.

Apologize...

After looking some further it appears that your procedure is correct, except line 1. It should read:

1. From the main screen select Courses -> Saved Courses

This may explain my confusion at first sight...

• Same difference. Let me break down step one to dispel any confusion:

In the main menu swipe down from the top of the screen to display the widget menu. Within that section swipe left or right until you arrive at the 'Controls' page where you'll see 'Find A Course' listed. Select and proceed to step 2...