This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When I turn on the GPX sensor, it quickly turns on and finds my location. But when I turn it off, keeps working and guides me along the route

Привет. У меня есть проблема с Garmin Edge Explore. Когда я включаю датчик GPX, он быстро включается и находит мое местоположение. Но когда я его выключаю, он продолжает работать и направляет меня по маршруту. Помогите решить проблему. Спасибо.

• "Hello. I have a problem with Garmin Edge Explore. When I turn on the GPX sensor, it quickly turns on and finds my location. But when I turn it off, it keeps working and guides me along the route. Help solve the problem. Thank you."

I suppose you mean "GPS" (not GPX).

People usually leave GPS on and let the device track their ride. These devices aren't really intended for spot locations.

If it is "guiding you along the route", that means you are either using a loaded course OR have asked the unit to calculate a route to some location. If you don't want it to do that, don't use a loaded route OR don't have it calculate a route for you. The unit keeps track of your location just fine without using it to follow a route.

• Hello. Thanks for the answer. I am not using a loaded route and am not asking to calculate a route. When I turn on Garmin, I see the GPS disabled icon. Garmin's screen says GPS Disabled. Two minutes pass and the message "ready to navigate" appears on the screen and the device finds my location. In this case, the GPS icon remains off. I do not want my GPS to constantly work and consume the battery. GPS does not turn off.

• It isn't quite clear what you are trying to do.

================

It's fairly common for hikers to use their GPS device to get a "spot location". That is, once in a while, they turn on the GPS to get a location and then turn it off (so it's mostly turned off).

I don't think many people use the Edge devices that way.

If you aren't turning the device off, turning off the GPS might not really save much battery power.

Note that you can use the Edges while they are plugged into an external battery (which you might not want to do if it's raining or wet out).

You should be able to turn GPS off (or on) by swiping down from the top of the screen to get to the "status" screen. I can do that with the 1030. Close this screen by pressing on the ^ at the bottom.

How long are the rides you are doing?

• I did as you described, but GPS does not turn off.

• Hmm. I don't have an Explore to try.

On the 1030+, if you select "Off" for the GPS mode, it remembers that setting through the device being turned off and on.