This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

History line color doesn't work in software v5.30

Long ago there was announcement in release notes of 5.20 version

Device Software Version: 5.20
File Size: 20.83 MB

1.Added the ability to customize the activity track color on the map.

Now in software 5.30 it seems that this featrure exists but doesn't work.

I set History Line Color in Ride settings -> Map menu to red but activity in drawn in blue while registering activity and also when displaying historical activities.

Ride settings -> Map:

Current activity:

Historical ride:

Do You have the same issue? Please give Your support to push Garmin to fix it.

• It does work in software 5.30!

First set 'Map Visibility' to Auto, then set 'History Line Color' to the color at wish. I tried black and it works ok, also after going back to my ususal setting of the Map Visibility being 'Custom'.

• Indeed, color can be set only in Map Visibility set to Auto.

After going back to Custom, color set in Auto is forgotten and one previously set in Custom is visible in menu but it is not used to draw activity path, one set in Auto is used. Looks like funny (and annoing for user) software bug.

Garmin, please fix that.

• I do not agree. After setting the History Line Color to Black with Map Visibility on 'Auto' it does not forget this setting after going back to Map Visibility 'Custom'. Tested this with several colors now and every choice remains as choosen. All colors remain selectable after setting one in Auto and going back to Custom, again and again. So I can't reproduce what you claim here.
    I'm always using Map Visibility on 'Custom' to be able to set the 'Text Size' of 'Street Labels' to 'Medium' in stead of the default 'Small' setting.

• Color set in Auto mode is still used after going back to Custom mode, but in the menu in Custom mode you chan change different color and it is also remembered but not used. It means that system keeps color setting separateloy for each Map Visibility mode but is using always one set for Auto mode.

These colors are stored in different sections of Garmin/Sports/CyclingKolarstwo.fit file. File name may be slightly different in other language version: Cycling<language dependent string>.fit

It is bug of the storing (in case intention was to use common color for all Map Visibility modes) or bug of using color to draw map (in case color should depend on Map Visibility mode).

Please use some fit file viewer and compare Cycling.fit files for different colors set for Auto and Custom modes and You will see that both colors are stored there.

• bikepc01

First of all thanks a lot for finding it out and sharing it. I have an Edge 530, but could not find anything about this phenomenon in Edge 530 forum. Then I checked Edge 830 forum, and I was just about to post it as a potential bug after checking that 830 users also have this sort of problem: https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-830/227519/history-color-cyan---black-on-map-screen.

On the other hand I do agree with Adko that it is a sort of bug, because it goes beyond common sense to make it able to change the history color line effectively only in Auto visible mode.

Do you know whether somewhere can the history color line of saved activities (=saved tracklog) be changed?

Originally I assumed it would be the same as the history line color of active tracklog.

After some tests it seems that it is ALWAYS the same color (maybe dark blue or teal) independently from which color is chosen as history line color, so the latter has an effect only on active tracklog.

Btw I have no problem with the magenta color of the route in navigation (see https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-530/168216/route-color-will-not-change/1183392), but on the other hand I do hate the purple-like (violet??) color of the course which is used for the navigation, because it is exactly the same color on the map I use as the color of bicycle paths. So you can imagine what a chaos is to follow a road if it is run NOT on a bicycle path, just nearby.

As an example I choose red as a color of my course, it is shown as red on the map until I use it for navigation, because the line of purple-like (violet or dark magenta) color overlaps it.