This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issues with 5.30 (map drawing speed and Edge Remote)

After the dramatic battery consumption of 5.20 I was happy to see the 5.30 with improved battery life. With 5.30 the consumption was back to similar as it was with 5.10, but still have 2 other issues:

1. Very slow drawing speed of the map during turn-by-turn navigation. If I hear the beep for the turn I normally have a quick look on the screen to check which turn to take. Normally it is shown instantly, but with 5.30 it really takes seconds to show. Keeping my eyes from the road much longer then is save.

2. Introduced with 5.20, the Edge Remote is not connected automatically anymore. At every ride I have to disconnect and connect the Remote in the settings which is vry annoying. Especially if I already started the ride and notice that I forgot the 'procedure'. 

Anyone else experiencing these 2 issues? Especially the first one. I'm using the 5.10 again, which is the best of the last 3 firmwares. I send several messages to Garmin Support and the Ideas form, but no respons yet. Hope there will be a 5.40 soon introducing improvements instead of new issues.