This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to change maps on garmin edge explore?

I bought a edge explore it came with European maps, I live United States. I tried deleting the euro maps to make room for usa maps; it tells me I don't have enough space for the map. So I am trying to figure how to completely delete the euro maps to download the USA maps and have enough space to do it, can someone give me an idea how to? Thanks for your help!

• The Garmin Cycle Map EU consists of 4 maps, each as a set .img, .gma and .unl
    The files are:
    - D6017050A: Cycle Map EU South-West 2020.20
    - gmapdem: DEM map EU 2020.10
    - gmapgc: Geocodeap EU 2020.10
    - gmapprom: Cycle Map EU North-East 2020.20

Make a backup (you may need them later) and delete all 12 files from the Explore. It free's 8.9 Gb storage space. Note, if you use a Mac (Apple) don't forget to empty the trash (recycle bin?).
    Then let Garmin Express (desktop) install the US map. I have no experience if Garmin allows to install a different Cycle Map than the version that was installed from factory.

• Units before the 1030/830/530 will only install maps for the units home region (AFAIK).

Maybe, Garmin could change that for you.

You can buy maps for other regions but getting free OSM maps from other sources is a better idea.