This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge Explore Firmware 5.30 update not showing on the device after install

Hi,

I have today seen a firmware update 5.30 is available through the Garmin Connect (GC) app and downloaded it on my phone, then sent it to my Edge Explore again through GC and did another Sync. 

On the device the software version still shows 5.20. I have then restarted the device and still seeing 5.20 rather than 5.30.

Is there anything else I will need to do on the device to apply the update?

I am able to do regular syncs through GC without any errors. 

Please advise.

Many Thanks

• Hi again, just wanted to know I have managed to download and install the firmware update on Edge Explore via Garmin Express desktop software so all good.

I am hoping the new update will increase the battery life.

Thanks

• FYI for those considering updating. The 5.30 firmware  and (associated?) map updates required 4 1/2 hours to download. 

• I did 2 rides with the 5.30, but not really impressed. There seems some improvement in battery life, but the Edge remote issue still consist (introduced with 5.20), but also I think the drawing speed of the map seems to be much slower. I always have a dashboard on display and before a turn the device beeps and shows the turn on the map. Normally this was instantly, but with 5.30 it take some seconds before a map is shown, much too late actually.
    I went back to 5.10 which was a pretty good firmware and will see with a next ride if the map shows up faster. I was also satisfied with the battery life.

• Y nadie ha respondido ?

Yo he probado lo mismo y no actuializa, sigue en el dispositivo la versión 5.20, VAYA M.........