This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Version 5.30 and remote controls - not even by chance

So if you want to use remote control then go back to v5.1. You will be penalized by deleting all data and settings. I have no words ... (I have but I want to be decent)

Top Replies

All Replies

• Although I do have to disactivate / activate my remote on the Explore each time I want to use it, apart from that it does work fine with 5.30

• Yes I know that, but I have to do it after each sleep. In version 5.1 the driver is found like any other senzor.

• I must agree it is very disappointing Garmin hasn't fixed this issue introduced in 5.20. At least I hope the battery consumption is better now. But this remote issue is very annoying and unnecessary. 
    I reverted back to 5.10 during 5.20 was out, but somehow it installed 5.20 itself sometimes, even if rejected the installation all the time. I can't find the setting to not auto update like I have on my Fenix. If everything is working fine, I don't want to have it broken by a new update.

• I don't get it - don't they test it? - and the bug has been known since v5.2. To prevent updates, you need to disable garmin express on your PC - automatic startup and running in the background. If you have run it, delete the GUPDATE.GCD file in the / garmin directory

• don't they test it?

No, they don't.