This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Really disappointed by the Edge Explore battery time :( Max 6h instead of 12

Hey Garmin, you promised a 12h battery time for the Edge Explore. Even with all settings optimised to reduce battery usage, 6 ... 6,5h seems to be the max. Really disappointed. Can you reimburse me please, or provide me a decent gps that well holds for 12h or more. Thanks. An unhappy Garmin user.

• You are in a user-to-user forum, so you're not talking to garmin directly. There are already several threads discussing the edge explore battery problem, so starting another one doesn't help. If you want your money back, then either contact garmin or the seller.

• Any decent company reads its user forums.  So sure they will read this. (In fact, when I read your posts I wouldn’t be surprised you are working for Garmin.) Anyway, think it’s okay to remind the user community so now and then that the Edge Explore battery doesn’t meet its promises. So that those who are considering buying one are aware of it.  Count max 5h for MTB, 6h for road trips. If that is not enough, buy another one.

• So sure they will read this.

I wouldn't be so sure. And even if some garmin representative reads your post, then he'd be in no position to reimburse you, if that's what you're after.

when I read your posts I wouldn’t be surprised you are working for Garmin.

No, I am not. So if you hoped that I could help you somehow with your broken garmin, then you're out of luck, sorry.

it’s okay to remind the user community so now and then that the Edge Explore battery doesn’t meet its promises.

Sure it's ok. I have nothing against that. I was merely pointing out that you're wasting your time. It won't change anything.

So that those who are considering buying one are aware of it.

I suspect the vast majority of people visit this forum only after they obtained a garmin device. And those who visit it regularly are well aware of any user reported issues without the need of another thread.

• Make sure that the display backlight is turned off completely.

• I turned off backlight and the battery time improves in a very good way, but the display can be too dark in some points depending on the ambient light.

• The recent software version 5.30 should have improved power source management. Did you already install that version.

• Has the new update sorted the problem, I exchanged mine through garmin for the 830 but apart from the terrible battery life I preferred the edge explore.