This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Adding maps

Hey all,

I have a Garmin Eplore that I bougt in France and that includes European maps. I just moved recently to the USA and bought the North American Cycle Maps on the Garmin Website. Unfirtunately, Garmin Express cannot load the file on my Garmin because there isn't enough space left.

Is there any way for me to delete the European maps, since I won't need them for a couple years, and replace them with the North American maps I just bought ?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

• You can remove the map files from your device, you can recognize them as gmap*.img. Back them up somewhere before completely removing. I only use free Openstreetmaps. They are much more accurate and up to date (and if they are not, you can even contribute to that yourself) for my area then Garmins.

• Thanks for your answer!

I supressed thoses files to free up some space, but then Garmin Express crashes everytime I try to add the North American maps I just bought.

I did manage to download an openstreetmap on my Garmin and it seems to work fine, but I'm bummed I spent $$ to buy maps on the Garmin website that I cannot use, that's why i was looking for some proper support from them Disappointed

• It crashes? That's not the case on my device, I have all the original (at least the real big ones) removed and the .img from Openstreetmaps on it. But maybe your American Garmin map needs some of the original .img files.

• OpenStreetMaps are working fine.

But that's not 100% satisfying to me, I was hoping to get the maps I bought from garmin working. I remove the big files to free enough space, and then use Garmin Express to load the map I bought, but this operation makes Garmin Express to crash. (This independant from the opendtreetmaps, I tried several times to do it before finally going for openstreetmaps)