This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue introduced by 5.1 to 5.2 upgrade

I don't know if it's just me but since my Explore updated itself from 5.1 to 5.2 it goes 'deaf' to the remote after it has been into & out of standby or powered off/on.

For the purpose of my explanation, I will say that once several minutes have elapsed since the last remote button press, the Explore temporarily 'forgets' the remote.  
Whether this is the remote going into standby or whether it's just a time-out thing, I don't know & it's not relevant.

My experiments show that-
It doesn't happen if the last remote instruction is recent- i.e. a button has been pressed within the last few minutes.  I can turn the Explore off/on, then press a button on the remote, & it is still recognised.

Also, even if the Explore has 'forgotten' (see above) the remote, providing the Explore has remained on, pressing a remote button produces the expected 'remote found' message.  

However, if the Explore is turned off/on (or in & out of standby), and it has 'forgotten' the remote, any subsequent button presses on the remote are ignored by the Explore.

The way to recover the pairing is- Menu-Sensors-Remote, Disable, then Enable.  The next button press on the remote then produces the usual 'remote found' message from the Explore.

Not the end of the world but irritating.